Monday, 11 February 2019

Welcome Back!

Kia ora everyone and welcome back to another school year! I have really been enjoying getting to know my new class of Year 7 and 8 students. We have been spending some time talking about Hornby High School and our CARR values; Commitment, Achievement, Resilience and Respect.

Our class is getting to know each other and we are learning to work with other people who we might not know yet. What better way to do this than by collaborating to create a presentation for our values? I really enjoyed watching the way students shared ideas, took on leadership roles and worked together for a joint outcome. Our values were shown in practice, and for some, we got to be reminded and see the importance of respect and commitment in a practical way.

Students had a choice of what product they would like to make; a dance, a skit, a video, an animation etc. Below is a great example of  a video created by one of our groups. I invite you to visit the Share page of our class website where you can find individual students' blogs.

Feel free to leave them a positive, thoughtful or helpful comment on their reflection of the CARR values project.



I look forward to sharing more student work with you this year, and being able to provide an example of the Learn, Create, Share pedagogy in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comment positive, thoughtful and helpful!