Tuesday, 19 February 2019

Tuesday's Task | Gratitude

In our Morning briefings, staff are given a daily anecdote to help our wellbeing, for example, Mindful Monday, Tuesday's Task, Thought for Thursday etc. Today our wellbeing team has asked us to think of 10 reasons why we are grateful for our job. I thought it would be a nice thing to share on my blog, as there are many reasons why I am thankful for the opportunity to teach.

1) I am grateful to have a career that I am passionate about and that excites me every day.

2) I am thankful for the opportunity to work in such an amazing and forward thinking school environment.

3) I am grateful for the fact that we have the most amazing young people at Hornby High School and I feel lucky to work with them every day.

4) I am thankful to work with colleagues who are hardworking and passionate about what they do across the entire school. Our differences create a cohesive whole.

5) I am also thankful for the camaraderie, the laughs and the support that I have specifically within my Year 7/8 team. I am lucky to have an amazing teaching whanau.

6) I am grateful for the kind words I receive from students, it reminds me that I am having a positive impact (which is what we all want as teachers!) For example, today some former students emailed me small notes or memories to improve someone's wellbeing as part of their Health class. This made my morning.

7) I am thankful for the professional opportunities we are provided, and encouraged to take, in order to better our teaching practice. For example, PLD, conferences, committees within the school.

8) I am grateful for my class, both this year and last. They are the reason I come to school each morning excited for the day. I couldn't ask for more wonderful students to teach!

9) I am thankful for our beautiful new school buildings and the rebuild we are continuing to have. I cannot wait to see the way it comes together and the impact it will have on the students, staff and wider Hornby community.

10) Lastly, I am most thankful for those who have supported me along the way. I would not be here without the endless support from my own teachers, family and friends, professors through uni, the senior leadership team at Hornby High School who took a chance on me last year and of course, the staff and students here. I am most grateful for the people.

He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comment positive, thoughtful and helpful!