Aim: To make a filtration plant using household materials
What is filtration? Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium through which only the liquid can pass.
Examples are:
- Teabag
- Coffee plunger/coffee filter
- Swimming pool
- Kidney
Materials
1. dirty water
2. filter paper
3. sand
4. pebbles
5. cup
6. scissors
7. bottle
8. funnel
9. coffee filter
Process - ( use verbs or doing words in each step )
STEP 1
Cut the bottle in half.
STEP 2
Put the top half upside down inside the bottle.
Step 2
Add layers of filter paper then add your sand/pebbles.
STEP 4
Get 1 cup of dirty water.
STEP 5
Pour dirty water into the filter inside the upside down bottle.
Measurements
When Mr Palmer did his experiment today, his filter did not work well. The water went too quickly into the bottle and it was still brown. This experiment was not a success. Next time we could try to make a stronger filter so the water was more clear.
Kia ora, Miss Birtch. I'm Mikayla from Te Ropu Whakamanawa, Gilberthorpe School. I'm interested in this topic. The homemade filtration project seems fascinating, and I'm interested and I probably would have done this if I had the materials.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find the idea? Was it on a website? If so, which website? Or did you come up with idea yourself? Thanks for sharing this. It's super fascinating. I wish I could do it myself.
Bye, from Mikayla.
Hi Miss Birtch .i am losalini from gilberthope school.My favourite crystal the borax crystal and the sugar crystal. this crystals are marvelous .your class amazing with doing this nice sparkling crystals this is really inspiring . I have a question for you . can you eat the sugar crytal hope you have great lovely day .
ReplyDelete