Kia ora,
As part of my Hāpara Champion Scholar course, we were tasked to create another Workspace that can be used in our classroom. In the previous course, Hāpara Champion Educator, I created a Workspace which was a 'dashboard' or 'hub' for my Homeroom class. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak, particularly going in and out of COVID19 lockdowns, I wanted to try the new tool out without overwhelming my learners. I completed the Workspace sufficiently and felt I learned how to use the platform, but I wanted to challenge my creativity with this new one.
I chose to focus on the Passion Projects we have in Term 4 which I was running with a group of Year 9 learners, most of whom I had never worked with before. Knowing we wouldn't have a 'class list' as such, emailing out work to 24 individual students could be daunting. I found that by creating one Workspace they could all access after one email would be a great way to run through our course.
I found that a few of the students already knew how to navigate their way around a Hāpara Workspace, having used it either in Year 9 Art or with their Homeroom teachers.. you can tell a few other staff have completed the Hāpara Champion courses also! For those who were unfamilar, I was able to get around 1:1 to support them, however being a group of 'older' students, they were more capable just to figure it out with trial and error, compared to my Year 7-8 cohort.
If you're keen, take a look at my final submission for my Workspace Reflection - Fairytales and Fables.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please make your comment positive, thoughtful and helpful!