Our short Week 1 is finished and I can report that we've had an excellent start to the year. I am truly enjoying getting to know each student more every day. We have a dynamic class full of personality and humour and I can tell that 2018 will be a fantastic year!
We are working on building our J6 classroom community and that means taking risks, not being afraid to try something new and working together in groups. We've done a variety of activities from creating posters to performing skits and I am so proud of the way the students are willing to get involved no matter what the task is. We definitely have some up and coming actors/actresses in our midst.
As a class we have also been talking about setting goals and how we can reach them. Students wrote what their 2018 goal would be and you can find these on display in our classroom shortly! Many had attainable goals with a clear pathway laid out to success. Students, I hope you stay committed to your goals and passions and work towards achieving these milestones!
I look forward to Week 2 and continuing to focus on what it means to be part of our community, which ties in to our first Kete! A reminder for students, please have your Chromebooks for Monday so that we can troubleshoot any problems!
Hope you are all having an excellent weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please make your comment positive, thoughtful and helpful!